Tuesday, December 11, 2007

An explanation and update

I thought I would post my final religion paper. I don’t know that is particularly good, but for anyone who is looking for some doctrinal encouragement, I think it fits the bill.

Otherwise I am doing great. This last Saturday I was invited by a friend in one of my classes to go riding with him and his wife. It was really good. I can’t really explain how much it means to feel that another guy actually cares about me in a way that is totally unrelated to sexuality.

I am so grateful to the Lord and the way in which he blesses me. I want to clarify a little bit about the last paragraph of my paper. I confided in my religion teacher last week about my struggles. He is the only one who will see this paper. Also, I don’t want to give the impression that I am happy about my SSA. This is not easy, nor is it fun. I do, however, know that the Lord seeks my best interest. He would not have given me this challenge to deal with if there wasn’t something I could learn from it. Part of my responsibility in the process of overcoming the natural man is to find out what I need to learn and do as a result of my challenges.

2 comments:

GeckoMan said...

RU,
No real comment here on your paper, I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a great semester break with wife and family(s). My kids get home from BYU tomorrow night, and I'm so excited to see them. I hope it's like that for you as well.

One of So Many said...

Welcome to the MOHO Queerosphere. I love your writing style and feel exactly like you on so many levels. It's a tough battle and it's always hard.